John Ball Zoo South Service Drive
- The existing main service drive had to be relocated further to the south, cutting into a significant slope to make way for future exhibit space.
- The terrain required the construction of a large retaining wall over 15’ tall in one location.
- Considering several different retaining wall options, ultimately, choosing a driven sheet pile wall to limit excavation requirements and to streamline the construction schedule.
- The contractor had to be sensitive to the needs of the nearby animals and zoo patrons.
- Reconstruction and reconfiguration of storm sewer and sanitary sewer mains.
- Relocation of electrical equipment, and relocation of a major gas main.
- We coordinated the work in such a way as to limit the impact on zoo operations.